Friday, May 07, 2004

My bad: Bush finally comes clean.
Or does he?

Per the following story, our President said "I can't tell you how sorry I am to them and their families for the humiliation".

Is that really an apology? If I said "I can't tell you how much I want to pay you back this loan" does that mean I am actually going to pay the money back? How about "I can't tell you how much I love you"...is it "CAN'T" or "WON'T".

I guess if the President had better control of the English language, this particular "apology" wouldn't seem so vague. But obviously that's just asking too much of the Nation's top leader.

Even stranger is that Bush went on to say that times are tough for the United States in the Middle East because "people don't really understand our intentions."

Well then, please explain our intentions Mr. President. You have the microphone in your face, USE IT!

Read it for yourself:Yahoo! News - Bush Again Apologizes for Abuse of Iraqis

More later...
Paul

No comments: