Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Why Should We Take This Man Seriously?

So, a German Cardinal has been elected Pope. He's friggin' 78 years old! I hope he's healthy, but is health something they considered in the so-called "conclave"?

In one of his very first public statements he shows how out of touch he his. He said, "The fact that the Lord can work and act even with insufficient means consoles me, and above all I entrust myself to your prayers..." I mean, he almost sounds surprised that God can work with anything and anyone. In an attempt to come off as humble, instead he sounds to me to be manipulative at best.

The article labels the pope as the "Roman Catholic Church's leading hard-liner". That just doesn't sound right. But should I even be surprised that the Catholic Church would do something disappointing?

More later...
Paul

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, here is a great summary of him, with tons of links to more. I have not read all of these links, just enough to know I do not like this guy being in power.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/kismetphayze/