Monday, June 06, 2005

An Apology For Murder? How Quaint!

My eyes actually couldn't believe this headline: Senate to Issue Anti-Lynching Apology - Yahoo! News. Then I read the story and I am STILL in a state of disbelief.

Is this the same Senate that spent days and millions investigating the tragedy (sarcasm intended) of steroid usage in professional baseball? The same group of millionaire lawmakers that propped up Terry Schiavo's lifeless body as an example of ... something? Now, nearly 100 years after the fact, they want to APOLOGIZE for not passing anti-lynching legislation.

Maybe they're worried that the next nooses were being prepared for THEM.

I wonder if tarring and feathering is still legal? Because I know of about 100 men and a couple of women that would make great candidates for such treatment.

More later...
Paul

No comments: