Tuesday, January 13, 2004

What can I do?

A former neighbor and friend of mine is a wonderful lady. She is so very proud that her son finally sold a script to Hollywood, and they actually made the movie. Unfortunately, this is the movie: Yahoo! Movies: My Baby's Daddy (2004)

Sooooooo, what should I say to her? I knew way back when she told me that Eddie Griffin was the star that there was a more than good chance that the resulting movie would be embarrasingly awful. But I feel an obligation of sorts to go see this thing, and then be nice to her about it, even if it turns my stomach and makes me run out of the theater, simultaneously wretching and screaming...which is not an easy thing to do, by the way.

I guess I should give the movie a chance, ignore the critics and just go see it with an open mind. But there's one review that I cannot forget: a guy said it would have been better if they just took your money, sat you down in the theater and flashed the word "Sucker" on the screen for two hours.

Ah, the things we do for friends...

More later...
Paul

No comments: