Wednesday, March 05, 2003

Okay, I sit corrected (slightly).

A friend handed me the latest "Road & Track" magazine, and inside there was a pretty spiffy foldout catalog featuring the newest cars from Chrysler, due to arrive at dealers in the summer. The first one featured is the Crossfire, a pretty swoopy coupe that they tout as being "50% American Imagination, 50% German Precision, 100% Passion".

Whatever. How about that name? "Crossfire". Just in time for a war, no? I think it's telling that there's no mention of what type of engine powers this thing. But I will admit...it IS interesting.

I can't say the same thing about the other new Chrysler, the Pacifica. It's a station wagon! And they have the nerve of claiming it provides "the thrill of something totally new." So now the in-bred hick designers are writing the advertising copy, too? It boggles the mind.

More later...
Paul

No comments: